Dr Sues Medical Board that Stole His License
Pediatrician Paul Thomas MD dared to publish health outcomes comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated children. The Oregon Medical Board stole his medical license 5 days later.
Now Dr. Thomas is suing the Oregon Medical Board and its individual members for $35 million. This is not the first time that medical board members have committed felonies against a physician licensed by them, as I will mention below.
But this article may be the first time that you read about a silent pharma-related entity, one that was heavily involved in opioid abuse promotion in the US, and that is now urging medical board actions against doctors who criticize COVID policies and vaccines, and in all fifty states. More about that below too.
Dr. Thomas’s Complaint, is linked as the first of a number of cases at his attorney’s website here. His lawsuit against the Oregon Medical Board, contains a tremendous amount of material to indict corrupt actors on that Board. Board members left quite a pile of evidence, listed in the Complaint, that they violated numerous state and federal laws, in their haste to violate this doctor’s rights and to violate numerous constitutional provisions and statutes that specifically oppose government actors’ abuse of power,.
Here are some of the topics, pertinent to Dr. Thomas’s pediatric practice, and of vital interests to his patients and their families, that the OR Medical Board sought to silence:
Dr. Thomas’s Complaint points out that the amount of mercury – a known neurotoxin – used in childhood vaccines was dozens of times higher than FDA and CDC upper safety limits, and that these vaccines were the ones used widely throughout the US and the world, including coercively. Aluminum is another long-established neurotoxin, and the amount still given to newborns and infants in the hepatitis B vaccine is about 15 times the FDA’s upper safety limit for aluminum.
This Hepatitis B shot is given by bullying and sometimes by coercion and by irreversible injection on the first day of life in the US. Welcome to life in America, baby!
Dr. Thomas also had found, through his record-keeping of his own patients, that after this onslaught of neurotoxins early in the lives of his vaccinated patients, one in forty-five children became autistic, while zero in over 1,000 children who did not do the CDC schedule of vaccines became autistic.
He published that here. The journal later retracted that article, for what reasons may only be guessed.
The Oregon Medical Board punished Dr. Thomas’s speech, on a topic with which he is so familiar that he wrote a book about it: The Vaccine-Friendly Plan. In his Opposition to Motion to Dismiss, Dr. Thomas argues:
“The Board’s strategy of punishing speech has been used as tool of government oppression by many others. ‘Regulating the content of professionals’ speech poses the inherent risk that the Government seeks not to advance a legitimate regulatory goal, but to suppress unpopular ideas or information.’59 ‘Throughout history, governments have manipulated the content of doctor-patient discourse to increase state power and suppress minorities.’”60
59 National Inst. of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra, 138 S. Ct. 2361, 2374 (2018).
Countless more court cases, from the United States Supreme Court on down, uphold the right of the individual to speak freely, regardless of professional licensure or not, and to follow his or her conscience.
Dr. Thomas’s Complaint against his medical board can be found here: https://www.joncus.net/civil-rights-cases/ Click on Dr. Paul Thomas v Harding et al, 22-cv-944 (D. Or.), filed June 30,2022.
Then, for publishing those results of the kids in his practice, and for discussing related topics with their parents, the Oregon Medical Board went after him, and stole his license.
Why do I say “stole” rather than “revoked”? Because professionals have a property interest in our licenses, which are essential to our continued livelihood, in which we’ve invested many years and loads of tuition money. Corrupt bureaucrats who slither onto a medical board may not legally revoke that license, except if a patient was harmed in some way by the doctor’s actions.
It is nearly inconceivable for a more corrupt entity than the Oregon Medical Board to be involved in the theft of Dr. Thomas’s license. But wait.
Enter the Federation of State Medical Boards (“Federation”), located in Texas. Dr. Thomas’s Amended Complaint goes into detail about the nefarious acts of this outfit, and its attempts to throw the kitchen sink and all the dishes in it against doctors who question the vaccine narrative. As Dr. Thomas says in his Amended Complaint, “Defendants continue to try to scour the earth for material to charge Dr. Thomas. Dr. Thomas has been subject to one investigatory letter after another.” In all the miscellaneous failed attempts to accuse Dr. Thomas of something, anything, it almost doesn’t matter to them what their charge is; they throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.
The Federation of State Medical Boards supports this ‘go after the vaccine critics at all costs’ approach, as Dr. Thomas describes their war on doctors, on the American public and their strong-arm tactics below.
From Dr. Thomas’s Amended Complaint, now in the public domain:
“128. The Federation of State Medical Boards (“Federation”) is a secretive, private, and powerful organization located in Texas. The Federation is not transparent and is unaccountable to the public. The Federation claims to represent the state
Case 3:22-cv-00944-JR Document 5 Filed 08/03/22 Page 30 of 43
AMENDED COMPLAINT 31
medical boards in the United States and support them. In fact, the Federation wields an enormous about of power over the practice of medicine in all 50 States.
129. The Federation is funded and controlled by big pharmaceutical companies. According to poll data, Big Pharma is the least trusted industry. The Federation serves to whitewash Big Pharma’s narrative and control the state medical boards to the benefit of Big Pharma. The Federation does the bidding of Big Pharma. For example, the Federation played a major role in the disastrous opiate crisis.
130. Led by Purdue Pharma, the maker of Oxycontin, opiate manufacturers gave almost $2 million to the Federation. During the time this money was pouring in, the Federation wrote new guidelines for opiate prescribing, in which it explained that what looked like addiction was not really addiction. The guidelines included this statement: “Millions of Americans suffer from debilitating pain – a condition that, for some, can be relieved through the use of opioids.”
131. The Federation pressured medical boards to adopt the new guidelines. It created continuing medical education courses to teach doctors to prescribe more opioids to their patents. It sought to reassure doctors that following the new guidelines. would reduce the likelihood of disciplinary action. Indeed, the Federation encouraged state medical boards to discipline doctors for the undertreatment of pain.
132. The Federation also promoted a book titled “Responsible Opioid Prescribing” based on its guidelines designed to encourage the broad use of opioids for
Case 3:22-cv-00944-JR Document 5 Filed 08/03/22 Page 31 of 43
AMENDED COMPLAINT 32
non-terminal patients. The Federation encouraged the overprescribing and worsening of the opioid addiction. A four-fold increase in prescribing opioids was associated with a four-fold increase in opioid related overdose deaths.
133. The Federation was a primary purveyor of misinformation about opiates that caused a man-made epidemic of addition and death. The opioid epidemic was caused by an industry-funded campaign to encourage opioid prescribing in which the Federation had a prominent
134. The Federation promotes whatever is in the interests of Big Pharma. It is part of the cartel of entities that banded to together to falsely assert that the COVID-19 vaccines were safe, effective, and necessary. It labels as “misinformation” anything that would create public hesitancy in taking a vaccine, including childhood or COVID vaccines. To the Federation, “misinformation” about vaccines represents any statement or scientific evidence that differs from the prevailing narrative of stakeholders who most stand to profit from vaccines. The Federation encourages state boards to discipline any doctor who shares information contrary to the benefit of the pharmaceutical companies.
135. The Federation has undue influence over the discipline of doctors by the state medical boards. It publishes the Guide to Medical Regulation in the United States. Guidance on physician discipline from the Federation become de facto
Case 3:22-cv-00944-JR Document 5 Filed 08/03/22 Page 32 of 43
AMENDED COMPLAINT 33
requirements to state medical boards. The Federation publishes a quarterly journal titled “Journal of Medical Regulation.”
136. The Oregon Medical Board has close ties to the Federation….
137. It is a priority of the Federation to see that doctors who question the safety of childhood vaccines are disciplined. On information and belief, the Federation targeted Dr. Thomas for discipline. The Board is heavily influenced by the Federation. The Board is under pressure to resolve a question of science in what they perceive to be the prevailing medical view as dictated by the Federation. On information and belief, the Board was under pressure from the Federation to discipline Dr. Thomas.
The Federation of State Medical Boards brazenly denies their own history in promoting abundant opioid prescriptions and opioid abuse and addiction here, while clucking about “misinformation and disinformation” on the same page. These are the same characters boasting of their promotion of such atrociously unconstitutional and unlawful policies as this:
This Federation is one to keep an especially wary eye on, as state medical boards either do the right thing, to uphold their duty to protect the public from physicians who injure people, or the opposite: to sink to the level of pharma-corrupted actors who attack doctors who speak truth to their patients, and who speak truth to power.
This is not the first time that medical board members have committed felonies against a physician licensed by them. and I know this from personal experience, which I wrote about here and here, and earlier, here.
Dr. Thomas writes about his fight against his medical board here.
You all make me proud as an Oregonian, so glad to see this suit move forward. So so glad.
Wishing this good doctor get everything he is seeking. He has excellent data on his side.